ICT Service Desk Technician
36 hours per week, all year round
12-month fixed term contract
£20,903 to £23,080
We are a small academy trust with three high schools and one primary school, which crosses the LA boundaries of Tameside and Rochdale.
We are looking to recruit an experienced ICT Service Desk Technician to assist with the management of the ITIL based centralised service desk support our Academy Schools. Regular travel between GAET sites will be required.
Main role and responsibilities:
• Provide a first point of contact for all GAET related ICT issues.
• Ensure all calls /emails logged through the Service Desk are proactively managed and updated in accordance with the requirements of the service.
• Deliver productive support to business users, investigating and resolving incidents and requests on a wide range of technical issues and problems.
• Install, support, maintain, repair and manage ICT hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
• Assist the Service Desk Lead/Manager in ensuring the necessary procedure and policies are followed to support users throughout the Trust in developing ICT systems.
• Promote and support the proactive use of ICT across the business to improve staff/customer experience and encourage users to take a more active role in ICT use.
• Always comply with the Trust Code of Conduct and information security policies.
• Your duties may vary from time to time within the broad remit of your role, commensurate with the Band.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 5 GCSE qualifications at grade A-C, including grade C or above in English, Maths.
• NVQ Level 4 or relevant experience and knowledge.
Desired skills & knowledge:
• Ability to use IT systems e.g. Microsoft package including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work within a team and have a flexible approach within that team.
• Ability to promote a positive ethos and role model positive attributes.
• Ability to organise workload.
• Ability to deal with a wide range of people using various forms of communication i.e. telephone, e-mail, face to face.
Special Working Conditions:
• Prepare to work ‘outside normal working hours’ e.g. open evenings.
• Willingness to participate in relevant training and development opportunities.
• Travel between GAET sites as required.
Great Academies Education Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Applicants should complete and return the Application Form to email@example.com by 12.00 on Friday 5th February 2021.